Works comprise the renovation, alterations and refurbishment of a Category ‘B’ Listed traditional building in the town centre of Huntly to provide community, cultural and heritage facilities.
The property is a traditional stone and slate two and half storey building formerly housing two commercial shop outlets. Occupied properties are located either side of this existing corner site and house a mixture of domestic and commercial outlets.
External and internal alterations including essential and desirable fabric repairs.
- floor layout and access will be re-organised to better technical and specialised design to suit mixed use across the three and two storey parts of the building
- internal fabric upgraded including structural work to form new openings and support existing structure
- existing staircases replaced
- new passenger lift installed
- new partitions formed
- full new public and staff sanitary facilities
- installation of commercial kitchen facilities
- the introduction of additional openings and rooflights
- roofs replaced
- windows overhauled and replaced
- stonework repairs, pointing, indenting and harling
A hub facility providing reception foyer / cafe, bookshop retail opportunity & double height performance area together with all ancillary accommodation / back of stage requirements
Space for potential exhibition / gallery facilities along with a learning zone and multi- function space; all augmented by complementary ancillary facilities
New plant room space and storage facilities
Additional parking space on Deveron Street immediately adjacent to the property and all works associated with providing enhanced incoming / outgoing services to suit the refurbished property and intended uses.