Works comprise the design and build of 36 semi-detached dwellings together with the formation of adoptable access road, hard landscaping including paths, parking and a bus stop; formation of soft landscaping; services to houses taken from existing service mains to house plots; replacing a section of privately owned asbestos water main running across the site; construction of an electrical sub-station; formation of swale and return pond; installation of foul surface water pipework; culvert section of small burn running across the site. The site entrance to the south is on a main commuter route into the city and is controlled by traffic lights.
Construction works include:
• Excavations/concrete foundations
• Installation of foul/surface water drainage
• Reinforced concrete ground floor slab
• Timber kit erection on traditional foundations
• Concrete roof tiles
• Block render elevations
• Installation of doors/double glazed windows
• M&E Services installation
• Internal partition
• Installation of kitchens and bathrooms
• Internal/external decoration and finishes
• Externals – patios/paving/driveways/landscaping
All dwellings are designed to meet “housing for varying needs” standard as defined within our Client’s Brief.